My Thoughts on Gun Confiscation/Control and the People Behind It
I am decidedly pro 2nd amendment and I believe in the Constitution and what it stands for. I don’t understand why the gun grabbers aren’t capable of learning from experience, but if they were they would clearly see that their efforts to control/ban/confiscate guns in the past have not been successful in bringing about the outcome that their utopian ‘wouldn’t it be nice” thinking thought it would. In fact the few times a state or city has put these types of gun control measures in place they have never …and I mean eve…worked at all.
Fast forward to today’s gun control/confiscation efforts and if you have been paying attention you would see that times have changed and this debate is now taking place in an environment where the gun rights supporters now know because they can see it with their own eyes:
– That various agencies of the US Government have bought and are buying billions of rounds of hollow point bullets but don’t know why and the answers supplied so far are anemic at best.
– That the Federal Government is aggressively staffing FEMA Camps that until just last year they denied even existed. Staffing these camps for whom? And why? At a time when we have suspended White House tours due to lack of money we are staffing empty domestic concentration camps? Why?…crickets
– That Obama has signed a series of executive orders that give him the right (along with the troll Janet Napolitano) to take away everything you have, imprison you without charges or cause or trial or anything else simply by saying that you are an enemy combatant …a term which is only generally defined to include everyone.
– That we live in a time when a majority of the people who control our country at it’s highest levels have dual citizenship with other countries and have made significant policy decisions …including those that have taken us into wars (or kept us there) when it was clearly not in the interests of the USA to do so.
– That we are seeing come to fruition every single thing that people whom we were all told over and over (by the MSM) were conspiracy nuts and lunatics like Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Michael Savage and Ron Paul…
This list could go on for 100’s of pages…but the point is that when the gun rights people explain their position this time they have an endless supply of objectively verifiable facts and events to point at to defend their position. The real question that needs to be discussed isn’t whether we should ban/confiscate/tightly control guns and gun ownership, it’s whether or not the left’s desire to confiscate/control guns is strong enough that they are willing to allow the attempted enforcement of these laws to cause widespread violence, possible civil wars(s), and attempts at secession etc that will most surely follow?
Based upon what I read and hear this time, it’s gut check time for the gun grabbers and big government lefties because in my opinion there are no laws and there is no legislation that can be written (and passed) that will give them what they want. I firmly believe that any executive order and/or new legislation that strips the people of the US of their Constitutional right to bear arms; especially in this current environment, will not be followed and in too many counties and states across the country will not only not be obeyed, they also won’t be enforced. So the question is why are we not spending this time and energy coming up with solutions to real problems …like our national debt and our trillion dollar plus annual deficits.